Sunday, April 1, 2012

It is official - we are parents!

Curled up and sleeping
Today we finally signed the adoption papers so everything is official. It feels quite surreal to finally say we have a daughter. Or to say we are parents. We are very grateful to Irene, who lived seven months in sacrificial love both for Liliana and us.

Liliana lost some weight today and is still having problems breathing. She has a little jaundice as well. The nurses have been very helpful and are taking good care of her.

Please continue to pray specifically for her to be able to breathe on her own and eat on her own. That is a huge part of her battle. Please pray for Irene, the birthmother, for continued comfort and peace. We had a good talk with her before she left the hospital. Please pray for us as we navigate basically living in two cities for now. Pray for safety as Joa travels back and forth on weekends, and juggles work and school.

Many of you have asked what we need. We don't need any baby items right now; we will have a shower when we bring her home. If you have any restaurant gift cards lying around you won't use, we would probably use them. All the nurses have said she is a fighter so hopefully it won't be the full eight weeks but we need to be prepared for that long.

Thanks for walking this journey with us!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! I was praying this morning that you would be able to sign the papers today! Praise the Lord. We will continue to pray for you guys on this journey.
    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even explain the excitement w/in my heart right now, for the both of you!!! This little girl will grow up w/ two wonderful parents and being raised in a Godly home. We will continue praying for her to grow and become stronger and for you and Joa as your life will be so diff. the next few weeks and even after she gets to go home. I pray that you will be able to 'enjoy' this special time that you get to sit and hold/comfort/bond w/her. Oh, I love when we get to experience/see God's BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Congrats!!! A friend of mine had a baby at 29 weeks and the little guy came home 1 months before he was due! So we will pray that Liliana get's strong quickly, starts to eat, and breathes on her own . . . especially because I know you guys just can't wait to hold her!! Congrats guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Connie! She's so beautiful. Jonathan and I were praying for you yesterday and I'm so glad everything went smoothly. We will continue to pray for her health and growth. Sarah

    ReplyDelete