1. The fact Liliana is alive. She is down to 2 pounds which was really hard for me to hear. But she is stable and she just needs some time plus the help the NICU is giving her.
2. Joa being here. Life is just better with him. That is why I married him so life could always be a bit better. He makes me smile so much.
3. Semi-peace and quiet together as a family. The comical part (for those of you who have been in NICU before) is that although the lights are dimmed and people talked in hushed tones, there is always something beeping. But I loved our time together.
4. A nice hospital. I really like it. It has a lot of windows, plants and flowers, and comfy couches. Your atmosphere really does make a difference and this hospital has a great one.
5. The ability God gives (I don't always take) to live one day at a time. Today was a really good day. But I start to panic if I think about doing this for seven more weeks and six more days.
6. Nurses who are competent and friendly. (I have loved our nurses)
7. For a poopy diaper (and that would Liliana's, not Joa's or mine). My dear sister-in-law says you become thankful for things you never thought you would.
8. For all the people praying and caring and asking and helping. God has been faithful through his people.
Thanks for all your support!
Oh sweet Connie.I love the count..it's spot on. We do have to think like this. You can do all things thru Christ. It is overwhelming I am sure, but you are right..One day at a time or one 1/2 day at a time or an hour, whatever it takes! I learned that God gives you Grace, as much as you need when you need it. He has your back. He has Lillianas back too. This is a good time to just pray peace and strength and courage over your new baby. It won't always be quiet like this. You can remember these days and think, "it sure was quiet back then",and appreciate the noise!! LOL
ReplyDeleteYou are being covered in prayer and I love your updates. Hang tough little Momma.