Friday, March 30, 2012

Liliana Maria Braga

 
Liliana Maria Braga
Some of you have updates from facebook, some of you don't. Sorry this is coming so late but I am still technologically challenged on the IPad. :)

I sat all morning with no news. I could tell you all were praying because the usual anxious fearful Connie was pretty calm all day instead of worrying about all the what ifs. It was a LONG day of waiting and waiting and waiting some more. Finally at 1:15 I got a call saying everything had got pushed back that day, and they were just now going into the c-section.

I finally got to see baby girl, now named Liliana Maria Braga, around 3:30 PM. She is in an incubator, on a respirator with tubes all over. I was a little sad to see all that attached, but then realized she is alive and well and so I am glad regardless. She is 3.25 pounds but was much bigger/longer than I thought she would be. I thought she weighed more because although she is small, she is not tiny. She can't be held now but maybe in a few days.

The nurse practitioner said she is doing well for her age. They usually expect preemies to stay in NICU until their original due date, which is 8 more weeks. Selfishly, that was hard for me to hear, imagining the long two months away from home. But I will keep praying for her to mature quickly and while I am here, know God has me here for His reasons. I want to be aware of what He is doing here, and join Him in what He has for me here, instead of being focused on my own comfort.

The next big event will be Sunday afternoon (or Monday, it depends on how the birthmom is doing) when we sign the papers. That would start the legal process, and give us full parental rights. Things seem to be headed in that direction, but there are no guarantees until the papers are signed. I will breathe a little easier after that is done.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement! It means so much to us!

7 comments:

  1. You are going to do great, no doubts! This is a true blessing from God. When you look at that tiny little girl with so much love, that's how God sees us!! Pretty cool to actually think of that once you're a parent. Life will never be the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, beautiful baby girl! I know how difficult it is to see all the medical paraphernalia and not to be able to hold the baby - we had to wait several days to hold Clara, too. I'm praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all of you. I'm so glad to hear the birth went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful baby girl!! You guys and your birth family are in our prayers. May they have peace, comfort, and clarity as they approach the day they will sign. May God give you strength and peace in this part of your journey :-) Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Não consigo conter as lágrimas... a emoção com que você fala da sua garotinha contagia. Rezo a Deus para que ela amadureça rápido e esteja o quanto antes em seus braços para receber todo esse amor que vocês têm para dar. Estamos muito felizes. Bem-vinda, Liliana em nossas vidas.
    I can't contain the tears... the emotion wich you speak of your little girl is youthful. I pray to God that she matures quickly and be soon on your arms to receive all the love that you have to give. We are very happy. Welcome, Liliana, in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rejoicing with you and also praying that the God of all comfort will comfort you and be your shelter in the storm. Blessings to you all! Love, Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad she is here and doing well! Praise the Lord! Praying for her quick growth and strength for you and Joa

    ReplyDelete