Sunday, April 8, 2012

Nine days old


Holding our little bundle
All bundled up

Daddy comforting while she flails her arms

Her new thing: peeking with one eye to make sure you are there
A lot has happened in the last few days. I see it unfold in front of me as hours and hours pass, and sometimes forget what updates I have given and what I have not.

Liliana is still doing really well. They took her off her IV because she was getting enough nutrients from her tube feedings. They continue to increase the amount given at each feeding and she continues to slowly gain weight. They switched her from a c-pap breathing machine to a high flow one (less invasive and it means she is getting closer to breathing on her own).

Next week if she continues to do well, they hope to wean her off her breathing machine and also introduce bottle feedings once a shift to see how she does. This is all great progress to getting closer to going home. She has really done so well, which makes me a little nervous at times, but I know God continues to answer all our prayers. Health wise, this has been such an easier road (so far) than I expected with a preemie. Keep praying!

The biggest highlight for me so far was that starting Friday morning, we can now hold her twice a day for an hour at a time. Holding her for the first time brought up a lot of emotions for me, and I wrote about that here, for those of you who are interested. (http://everymindisitsownworld.blogspot.com/2012/04/restoration-and-redemption.html) Joa got to hold her for the first time yesterday morning. That makes such a difference as most of the time we can only wait and wait and wait with her.

Hoping you have a wonderful Easter with your loved ones!

2 comments:

  1. so glad you both can finally hold her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so precious!!! Holding your baby for the first time is a feeling that is almost indescribable. Thank your for posting and sharing updates:)))

    ReplyDelete