Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Still March 30th!

The c-section is still scheduled for Friday, March 30th, at 9 AM. The doctor said even today baby girl was moving around so that's wonderful news. They are still monitoring the birth mother's health, but she is intent on doing all she can for a safe entry for baby girl. We are so grateful for her sacrificial love for baby girl. This pregnancy has been a hard one for her. Joa will be fulfilling a prior commitment in Kansas City that Friday night and Saturday, but will be in San Antonio late Saturday night. We could sign the papers as early as Sunday morning or it might be Monday, depending on how the birth mother is doing after her c-section.

We are so grateful for some newly found friends who have offered to let us stay with them in San Antonio. We know their father well, but this will be the first time meeting them. And - of course, with all the craziness of this weekend - they will be in Dallas this weekend but will still let us stay in their house. Whew!

God continues to pull the details together. It has been encouraging to see how faithful He has already been to prepare things we could never imagine would need preparing; that helps me with the details still up in the air. I certainly would have picked a calmer weekend with not so many curve balls if I was God but I guess that's the point - I am not. And even these details fulfill His purposes. I may not know what His specific purposes are, but I can trust Him. The agency has warned me how emotionally hard Friday and Saturday will be, especially with Joa gone. I am checking out options but know that God already knew that detail before we did. And maybe He has a few things to show me in the waiting alone there, like more of His presence. Or maybe one of my options will work out and that will be good too. 

On a different note, today was my last day at work. I got a sweet and supportive send off from everyone there. Although I am pretty excited about the next stage in life, parting is bittersweet.

And as I close, I want to thank you all for your prayers and wishes. As you can imagine, this has been one of the most thrilling times in my life...and the most terrifyingly scary times. We have had plenty of ups and downs, days of peace and days of stress, but I know the Lord works His will through your prayers. They make a great difference to us.

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing stronger than a praying mom...you are so covered in prayers right now! I am so happy for you and know that God is so big and is right beside you and Joa even though you will be separated physically. You are an inspiration to me and I am so thankful to know both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Kayla! Good reminders I can never hear too many times!

      Delete
  2. Praying for your growing family Connie! Praise the Lord! He is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, I am so excited for you and Joa! I absolutely love reading your updates:) We will def. be praying for the both of you and this new bundle of joy, along w/ the birth mother. What a blessing to see someone choose life, even when it has been a very hard, trying pregnancy...Thank You Jesus!!! Keep the updates coming:)

    ReplyDelete