This trip to Brazil was my fifth trip here. And it was the first time that the area of the city where we were staying lost power. Twice. Tonight is the second time and it’s New Year’s Eve.
So, although this is my vacation and I have plenty of downtime, tonight was the perfect timing. Tonight I took stock of the past year. And honestly, sadly, what I saw was not what I wanted to see. But it was necessary for me to see it to make changes in the coming year.
It has been a rough year. I have spent much energy, much time, and much focus on the things that didn’t matter. I did not walk away from the Lord intentionally but I certainly drifted away each day a little further. However, without the loss of electricity, I would not have taken the time to look back and see that. God was so gracious in calling me back to Himself that on New Year’s Eve, He turned the power off.
Maybe you have had a great past year. Maybe you have been closer to the Lord than ever. Maybe You have grown and enjoyed His abundance. If that is true, I am so glad. But if your year was like me, where you drifted away from him a little more each day, there is hope. He continues to call you to Himself. With His Word and with sunsets and with power outages.
And just so you know, as I was writing this, the lights came back on. Just in time to celebrate a new year.
Hugs, Connie. I hope that this year brings you renewed hope. I totally understand your feelings, since I have been there, too.
ReplyDelete