Wednesday, June 5, 2013

He remembers

Yesterday was the year anniversary of when we lost Lili. I know not everyone likes to remember sad anniversaries but for me it is necessary to actively remember. So I started talking about it with Joa back on Saturday. And then, because I had verbalized it, I went on with my week.

Then yesterday I got an email and a facebook message that shared how God used our story with Lili in someone else’s life. At first I felt uncomfortable because we were thanked for our faith and told how we were an inspiration to others. I fail at living out my relationship with God as I long to much of the time, and certainly have been struggling recently to live it out well. It was really God’s grace working through so many prayers that sustained us and kept us during that time.

It wasn’t until I checked the date that I realized it was the actual anniversary day. And when I got the second encouraging note of the day, it clicked. Yes, I have been floundering lately. But it was a sweet reminder from Him that even though we fail, He still uses us, and He still uses our story with Lili. He uses something as big as that event, and something as small as the blogs He prompts me to write. 

I can’t promise you I will be back on here consistently, but I am refreshed by God’s goodness today, and thankful for His sweet reminder that He too remembers. 

I couldn’t end this without a quick update on Bella. She is doing great: sitting up, holding her bottle, stretching into 9-12 month clothes (even though she is only five and a half months). She loves water, being outside, our dog and people. She hasn’t met a stranger yet. She is a joy and delight to us, and we are so thankful God blessed us with her.  

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Connie! We would not be human if we did not flounder, and God created us even with our floundering in mind because He knew that through our floundering we would see how much we needed to rely on Him! He knew we would fail at times, but He also knew that would make us much more aware of our need for Him...it's part of our relationship with a loving and merciful God!!! You and Joa are an inspiration to those that know your story, and I am blessed to call you friends!

    ReplyDelete