Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Faithful Friends. Especially Women.

***Since I have been busy with school, my blog has been neglected. I found an old draft I had never posted, written two days before Lili's birth. Sweet Lili. In remembering her, I will remember some precious things God brought out of the experience.***

Well, the baby is not here yet. I have two more nights until the baby comes. And no matter how exhausted I am, once I get in bed my mind starts racing.

Tonight it was racing with gratitude for all of you who have walked along side of us. In adoption, yes, but more than that, just in life. Some of you have walked a marathon with us, some of you have just walked around the block with us. But you have been a part of our lives and let us be a part of yours.

And tonight I was especially grateful for women as we enter this time of new, unknown territory. Neither of our families will be able to come join us for the first week or so when we get home from the hospital. I am sure people who have that kind of help are still terrified. I must admit I am a little afraid of that part. But what I do have – what God has provided – is a group of strong women, each with their own experiences to bring to the table, each with love and care and support. I am afraid of failing. I am afraid I won’t know how to do this mom thing. I am afraid everyone else does but somehow I don’t.

But I have women in my life to tell me, with understanding, we all kinda feel that way. No one knows how this works but we walk forward, and ask for help, and make mistakes and learn how things work. Everyone is afraid at some point. I guess I would be scared if I wasn’t afraid.

So thank you, dear friends, who have offered to be with me in the hospital. Thank you, dear ladies, who have offered encouragement or to bring a meal or to babysit or to spend the night when the baby is home and take a late night shift. Thank you, sisters, who have offered anything that is needed and really meant it. Thank you, daughters of the King, who have offered up prayers and petitions and thanksgiving. Thank you, roomie, for watching George and talking and listening. Thank you for the ones who get excited with me, and the ones who get nervous with me, and the ones who understand with me, and the ones who fear with me, and the ones who pray with me, and the ones who hug comfort. 

Not everyone who has been a part of this process is a believer. But I think it is breath taking the way these lovely ladies – to me, today – have been representing the body of Christ. Each plays a role – some the same like two hands or two ears – but there are many different roles working together. All are vital and all important, though some are not as visible as others. We are united in purpose. That is a wonderful thing to behold. 

Ladies, as much as Joa has been there, and as much as I am thrilled to spend the rest of my life with him, I need you too. Now more than ever. And you have shown up. And you have been faithful. I am supported. 

No comments:

Post a Comment