Many times we get asked "what is the latest news for your adoption?" We haven't had anything to share for almost 2 years now. Ugh. But I thought it would be nice to share the only updates we do get. The rest of this post is an email from the director of Generations, shared with her permission. We hate the wait, but we are so grateful to wait with Generations. They are always so good at encouraging us and helping us keep our focus on God.
So what's up with Generations? We are so busy. God is so good. It can be so hard. We are praying and seeking Him, and on the ride with Him. He is in control and navigating our path. We are listening and following His directions. God has invited you to join us on the ride. We try our best to protect you from some of the crazy drivers out there! And we try to navigate around the potholes and storms as best we can. Because we have precious cargo onboard - YOU. And we don’t want you to be hurt or jarred, or scared one moment of the trip, your trip.
God is blessing us with many birthmoms - at varying stages. We are traveling as far south as San Antonio with two birthmoms and north of Dallas. We are providing a training to multiple pregnancy centers to equip volunteers and staff to share adoption well and comfortably with expectant moms - tomorrow we are in Killeen, the next week in Hutto, the next week in Burleson (new contact), and shortly after in Bastrop.
We have had some birthmoms facing challenging situations. We are always thankful for our amazing attorney, Dave Cole. He walks us through each case step by step to navigate. We have had birthmoms with husbands that had to sign and they did; birthmoms who conceived in another state and we have to follow that state's laws to notify birthfathers, just to name a few.
We have a lot of variety of birthmoms now, in ages, backgrounds, and of many different races. Some will have more families to view; some not very many. All are amazing courageous women, truly seeking what is best for their baby. Some long to meet 'the' family, others are scared. Some aren’t sure what type of adoption they want. They worry about the birthfather. They worry about the baby’s health. They worry if the family will like them and love their baby. They worry what their child will think of them one day. They worry....
Recently, I heard a staff that 'adoption' means 'wait.' I thought to myself how true that is. Work hard, hurry up, and wait. And yet, I thought how much God waits on me, on us... to obey...to seek Him with our whole heart...to turn over everything to Him once and for all... to pray first before reacting...to keep our eyes on Him and only glance at the problem at hand.
Recently, I read a post, posted by someone else! It was from a waiting mom, Jen Hatmaker, who I don't even know. Gotta love Facebook, huh? But I thought it was so good I wanted to share a part. She said that a common theme revealed itself throughout their adoption journey, with all the unexpected twists and turns and emotions. She said this rhythm began to take place:
me "God, we're confused."
God "I'm not done yet."
God "I'm not done yet."
"When God said he wasn't done yet, he just wasn't done yet. He wasn't speaking in code. It wasn't a trick. The story was still in the middle, but I wanted to flip ahead to the end, past the conflict and struggle and straight to the happy ending. As Keeper of the Story, God knew the whole plot... If you are confused right now, if your story isn't going the way you thought, or if you're tangled up in the messy middle where hope is deferred, dear reader, it could just be that God isn't done yet. Your story is not finished. Every hero and heroine must wade through the conflict to get to the end, and you can trust God because he is good. If you have nothing else to cling to, remember this: God is good. He loves goodness and justice. He heals and redeems. He is on the side of love and beauty. He is for you. He is never against you. You may be against you, other people may be against you, but God is not against you. It is okay to be confused; I'm afraid that is our lot as finite creatures dealing with an infinite God. Some of God's best heros were confused in their subplots. But I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on. Because God is good and he is for goodness."
No comments:
Post a Comment